Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 1 May 2011

What a right ole royal weekend!

Crikey! What a weekend! It's been all go here in Oxfordshire. We had the Royal Wedding on Friday. Our invite got lost in the post (obviously!). I didn't think that I would be too interested in the wedding however Mr P and I snuggled up on the sofa to watch the whole event. It must be something about a good wedding and two people in love getting married. I love a good wedding and it always brings back happy memories of ours. I don't know how Kate looked so calm - I would have been bricking myself! I thought the whole event was very natural and understated and I wish the couple a wonderful marriage ahead of them.

To celebrate the event, the village hosted a BBQ with games in the afternoon at the Cricket Pavilion. I volunteered to make some cakes and here they are, looking lovely on my new cake stand which my mum brought for me as a house warming gift...


Decorated with red, white and blue ribbon of course!
I made a Victoria Sponge Cake, Lemon Drizzle Buns and Mocha Cupcakes.... and in the tin was Apricot Crumble Slices. They went down a treat. So much so that I have had people stop by the house to thank me after the event!

Today, we went over to Blenheim Palace as they have had a Royal Jousting Festival on all weekend which was quite interesting!




Blenheim Estates was also out in full bloom, lots of lovely flowers and I snapped these bluebells, a lovely sight!


Hopefully I'll get some baking in tomorrow as well! Well, it is a Bank Holiday Weekend after all!

See you soon,

Nic xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment