Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Caught Red Handed!

My oh my, it's been a while since my last blog post! I do apologise! I don't seem to have had much time to spend in the kitchen recently.

However, I did make up for it at the weekend. I had a bit of a Bill Granger day on Saturday. I've got several Bill Granger Books but I've never had much time to indulge in them. Over the past month I've been eyeing up some recipes for a "not so summery day". And the "not so summery day" arrived at the weekend...

So, on Saturday, whilst Mr P was watching the Rugby, I made a beetroot dip and a caramelised onion dip; the most amazing banana loaf (actually, the recipe made two loaves!) and a cheesy pasta gratin.... all from three different Granger books! And everything came out amazing!

Check out the colour...

Looks great, tastes great!

Dips for Mr P whilst watching the rugby!


Mmmm delicious banana loaf! Ideal cycling cake!

Cheesy Gratin... with a nice cold glass of white wine.

Then I carried on to make Chocolate Tiffin, a Walnut, Cardamon and Lemon Cake and a carrot cake! Not all for home though! Cakes for work! Lucky devils!


Ahhh, tiffin.... no bake cake!

Cardamon, walnut and lemon desert cake! Yummy!

Mr P came and gave me a hand to lift the mixing bowls as the ole wrist still isn't up to lifting heavy Mason and Cash bowls! And then I got caught red handed licking out the bowl...


I am the cook at the end of the day! Got to have some perks!
 Well, I'm off to watch the first episode of The Great British Bake Off... don't spoil it for me as it's a recording as I haven't watched it yet!

Food festival in Oxford on the Bank Holiday Weekend as well! Watch this space!

Cheers for now!

Nic xoxox

1 comment: