Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 29 January 2012

A kitchen full of goodies!

Hello people, did you all have a nice weekend?

We had a quiet weekend, and I spent a little time in the kitchen this afternoon.

I brought a cook book last year in February, Bake and Decorate, by Fiona Cairns, which I lost when we moved house.... and much to my delight I found it last week. I have been kicking myself about what I had done with it and I knew it was in a box.... somewhere.... and somewhere was in the garage!

Anyway, there was a delightful recipe in there for Sticky Toffee Cupcakes with a Salted Caramel Buttercream.... I can see you drooling from here!

They were a delight to make, and the buttercream was simple to make, even though you did have to make some caramel sauce which had to cool before adding it to the buttercream... this recipe does come with a health warning - do not lick out the cake mixture bowl, caramel bowl and the buttercream bowl as you will make yourself sick, as Mr P found out!

Adding the caramel to the butter and icing sugar

Giving it a good mix!

Here are the finished results.... I am now on the look out for some nice bronze cupcake cases as I think they would look nice in them, and also I might make some chocolate decorations to sit on top... or sprinkle on some rock salt! The recipe would also work well if you put the cake mixture in two sponge tins and did a layered cake.

Yum yum

You just want to reach out and stick your finger in the buttercream!



I also whipped up my first batch of marmalade as well today - I made two types - plain and one with ginger.

Simmering away nicely!
The jars are cooling on in the kitchen as we speak. I can't wait to try some this weekend.

Better go and pack up the cakes for work. Have a good week!

Nic xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment