Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 20 December 2010

Christmas Holidays at last!

Well, I am officially on Christmas Holidays! Finished work on the 17th December and don't go back to work until the 4th January 2011! Hurrah! So lots of time to dedicate to the kitchen.

I'm currently busy making goodies for Christmas pressies - I can't tell you what they until after the big day as it will spoil the surprise for some people, but I promise to take some pictures. I'm also going to be knocking up a special birthday cake for a special little boy who turns two on Christmas Day, but again, I don't want to go into too much detail... watch this space for photos!

Mr P doesn't finish work until the 23rd so I am enjoying some peace and quiet at home and like I said, really busy in the kitchen. The spiced beef will be cooked on the 22nd December along with Nigella's Christmas Spiced Ham which is one of my favourites. I'm hoping to catch up with some festive sewing on Wednesday whilst the house is filled with the lovely smells from the beef. The beef is looking good, nice and dark... which reminds me that I need to go and give him a turn!

We've decided to spend Christmas day with just the two of us this year, and catching up with the rest of the family on Boxing Day. So this year, I am going veggie and making a Mushroom Wellington for myself and Mr P... not a quorn roast in sight (thank god!).

Sorry it's bit of a "bits n pieces" blog posting today... there is so much to make and do this week before the big day! Hope everyone is well and has been good this year!

Hugs, Nic xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment