Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Charity shop bargains... and bread!

Mr P and I have been out and about exploring local market towns in the Cotswold's over the past couple of weekends, getting our bearings and finding out what's out there. I'm really amazed and the amount of good quality independent shops that appear to be thriving in these market towns. The independent shop in Cornish towns appear to be a dying bread. There is also an abundance of lovely food shops selling local cheese, breads, chutney, beer, meat etc etc... you get the idea!

Whilst we were out and about exploring I came across some really nice charity shops and some real finds to start to fill our new home.

First off was this lovely cream ceramic jug. It was in the window and was crying for me to take it home to be put on the dining table!

My lovely charity shop jug with flowers form Lidl of all places!

Lovely foliage!
My second find of the day, for £3.00 was this lovely big basket which has replaced my garden trug as my log bin for the fire in the kitchen!

Serves it purpose!
And my final buy was this Good House Keeping Needlework book for £1.50 to add to my craft book collection. It's got lots of really good basics in. So I'm really pleased!


Unfortunately the weather today has been a little bit on the dampside, so I've been pottering around the house. We also have a friend up from Cornwall for tea tonight so I've been prepping dinner (beef bourginon followed by Sophie Dahl's Sticky Toffee Apple Crumble!). I thought it would be nice to have some bread with the bourginon to soak up the juices and instead of venturing out I thought I'd knock up a loaf using spelt flour. And here she is! Made by hand of course!

Perfectly risen!
 Of course I had to sample a slice, still warm, with some homemade lemon curd....

Lemon curd made with local eggs!
Happy cooking!

Nic xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment