Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 31 March 2011

The Craft Room is up and running at last!

Apart from food and cooking, I am also a bit of a craft nut - from sewing, to knitting, to card making to making jewellery... I get lots of sleepless nights with ideas of things to make popping into my head. I love to make things to give to people as well. That makes me really happy.

The Craft Room / Office was the last room that I unpacked. You see, the problem is that my original storage units for the craft room are now in the lounge as the unit from the lounge is now in the kitchen! So, I had no storage. And at this present moment in time we can't really justify spending more money. However, I did come across some pine shelving units in the shed which I have given a revamp and a lick of paint. They will do the job for the time being!

Whilst unpacking and reoganising my crafty stuff I came across some items that I would like to share with you. Craft addicts which understand!



Not much room for the futon anymore! Lots of light coming in through the back window! I can look over the fields for inspiration!
Unit 1 revamped! I must buy some new storage boxes and find something to put my wool in!
Unit 2 - books, books and more books! I'm a bit of a Clive Cussler fan so the bottom shelf is designated to him! Tins on top full of trimmings, bias binding and ribbon!
Some current work - my roman blind and my "Home" wall haning still work in process!
Still more work to do.... before it gets framed.
My mother will be pleased... I've finished my knitted tank top at last - thanks to my mother helping out with the neck! She almost pulled her hair out with the pattern!
My button collection! I also have a box for "special" buttons that are vintage.
This was my grans knitting bag which I have inherited after finding it in the cupboard at my parents house. I love it soooo much. It needs relining, but I think that is a winter project! It's full of Rowan Big Wool at the moment which I am knitting up into a cardigan.
Now this next item is something special. My mother showed it to me whilst I was staying with them after my wrist surgery. It is a handed beaded collar on silk that has come off an evening gown that belonged to my mothers aunt or great aunt (!? I think) and they lived in London. It's 1920s/1930s bead work and it is stunning. My mother was given it when she started sewing but never took it apart and it has been stowed away for 30years. I fell in love with it. I could never take it apart. The hours of work that must have gone in to it is amazing. There is a lottle big of damage which can be repaired. One day I would love to get it restored and framed.

Thousands ans thousands of beads and stones all hand sewn!


There's a little bit of damage which I think is repairable...

But the work is stunning!
This is collar number two which is in browns and amber.
Again, thousands of beads and lots of work.
I hope you have enjoyed some of my favourite pieces in the craft room! Thanks for stopping by.

Nic xoxox

1 comment:

  1. I think if I came into your craft room, I would never want to leave! It's lovely - so many fascinating things!

    Lowenna says - I love all of it! I want it all! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete