Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 29 August 2012

The christening cake!!!!

Hello hello hello!

How is everyone!? I hope you all had a fabulous bank holiday weekend! We travelled down to Cornwall for a christening. Mr P was one of the god fathers..... And I was asked to make the cake... How could I say no!?

So over the last month I've been perfecting my maderia sponge cake, making sugar flowers and bears!!

I made the sponge in the week and took it to Cornwall at the weekend where it was iced on the Saturday morning and assembled before careful transportation (up hill, down dale and over cattle grids galore) and many choice words at Mr P to slow down around corners as the cake was in a box and on my lap!!!!!! I did turn into a "cake-zilla"!!!!!

I was proud as punch when I carried it out to the christening party on Sunday. I had lots of lovely comments and my friends loved it. Phew!!!!!

So, here are some photos for you to enjoy!!! Next cake challenge please!!!!











Lots of love, Nic xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous - well done. You have every right to be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela! It went down a storm! Everyone loved it and it tasted great too!!

    ReplyDelete