Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 19 October 2012

Where did September go?

Well hello folks!

Sorry for not being around for September. It was a very busy month with hen weekends and weddings! Mr dear friend Rebecca, of Wed Magazine, got married so we headed back home to Cornwall for a wonderful wedding. It was truly the most amazing weekend ever and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful friend. Welcome to married life Mrs Sleeman!

Mr P and I have been busy settling into our new house and turning it into a home so we have been out and about exploring local towns for unique decorative items for the house.... and of course, additions to my (our*) beloved kitchen.

We did have some time off in September/October, but unfortunately we were both struck down with the lurgy, so we didn't venture far at all... however, we did venture out on one rainy day for a bit of a drive and some air and stumbled across a fantastic kitchen shop (mmm) in Devizes called Ma Cuisine located in the Market Square and ended up bringing home one of these...



Now I'm on a mission for a Barista course for both of us. She's a little beauty and makes a lovely cup of coffee!

I am also delighted to report that the artwork for the kitchen that I started at the beginning of this year is now printed and up on the wall! It's only taken me 5 months! No need to rush now! Mr P was delighted to be let loose with his "man tools" and taken on the technical challenge of hanging them on the wall, all perfectly measured...




I also feel that I have spent a lot of time in front of the TV this year, what with the Tour de France, the Olympics, Paralympics and then The Great British Bake Off! Well, what a Bake Off!

A great series again so big congratulations to Love Productions and BBC2. I did have my money on James to won, but when it came to the last episode and James said that he hadn't really practised his final show stopper my heart sank.... who goes into the final without having practised their final showstopper!? At the end of the day, the best cake won, so well done John. I did admire Brendan's technical ability and knowledge, but I didn't think he would end up being the winner.

Application for series 4 anyone!?

I have been busy baking and some baking related posts will follow soon! With the evenings pulling in and the bad weather we have been having, I am more inclined to lock myself away in the kitchen and bake my socks off!

Bake on!

Nic xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment