Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 19 October 2012

Banoffee Cupcakes

Bananas.

There is always a glut of bananas in our house. We eat a lot of them. I like them under ripe, Mr P likes them over ripe (yuk).

And you can always bet that there are bananas that are "on the cusp" in the fruit bowl just calling to be mashed and turned into baked goods.

I'm partial to a banana loaf. Bill Grangers Crumble Topped Banana Loaf is one of my favourites. I'm also partial to Bill Grangers Sticky Banana Pudding... there is a theme emerging here, Australians and bananas?

Mary Berry does a good banana loaf, and then there is my old favourite, the Pengelly Belly Banana and Granola Muffins....

But I have discovered something even better to do with a mashed banana, with much thanks to my mate Eddo over at "I done a bake". Eddo is a fantastic baker and I love reading his blog. It makes me laugh. And his recipes are fabulous.

This is his recipe for Banoffee Cupcakes and they are AWESOME! They are also very easy to do and you can have lots of fun making a mess when you come to decorate them. I've made two batches so far for work and they have gone down a storm. This recipe makes the best ever banana sponge; it's light and airy and oh so delicious!

All lined up and ready to go

Caramel sauce, flaked chocolate and fudge pieces

mmmmmmmm

Eat me!


To be able to transport my baked goodies to work, I've been looking for a carrier and I looked on Amazon, Lakeland and so forth and found a few that were £30+ which I thought was a bit steep.... then I stumbled across theses beauties in Asda, and at £6.00 a pop, I wasn't going to argue. They come with a removal tray as well and are really stable. Winner!

ASDA Cupcake Carrier

I demand you to go and check out your fruit bowls and rescue those over ripe bananas! Banoffee Cupcakes are calling!

Enjoy

xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment