Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 31 January 2011

It's all go in the Pengelly Belly household!

Hello there, sorry it's been a while... how's everyone doing?

I'm still the same, still in plaster past my elbow. I feel that my cast is an extension of my arm now. It's amazing at how you can adapt, though there are still some things I can't do. As mother says, "at least you mouth and your legs work!!".... gee, thanks!

Anyhow, after my discovery of the blue and white sugar sifter in my local town, I had a little look on Ebay and won these original 1960s Devon Cream flour and sugar sifters for under £10.00! I love them and can't wait to use them.
 
love em!

check out the orange pattern!
Then mother goes into her cupboard and pulls out a vintage mixing bowl for me which used to belong to a lovely old lady who lived across the road from us who sadly passed away a few years ago. We adopted her as another granny to the family. So I now also own this...

i can't wait to get mixing with this bowl...!


I also managed to be a bit crafty this weekend, albeit a little help with cutting out and sticking, and made these felt brooches. The bigger ones are based on Dahlias and have vintage buttons in the centre.

hot pink with an amazing vintage button

zingy green, love it

little roses
And then today I was allowed to experiment with a new craft which I found at http://www.decoupatch.co.uk/. One hand, one paint brush, one pot of glue = lots of mess and a very sticky hand...but the results were worth it even though it did take me all afternoon!


gonna look so sweet in my (new) kitchen!


worth getting covered in glue!
 Did you see the "new" kitchen remark above? What's that all about then?!? Well, Mr P and I are relocating to Oxfordshire for the company he works with so that we can be together and he doesn't have to travel miles... so we are renting our house and moving to a lovely new house! It all happened very quickly, but we are on the move next month, so watch this space as I will be in new foodie / craft territory and closer to London for trips to Borough Market (squeal!).

Sorry for the long post, it's all happening here! Until next time!

Love Nic xoxoxo

1 comment: