Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Greetings from Sunny Cornwall!

I'm so excited! I'm in Cornwall! I've come home for a week's holiday and I'm having a great time. Mr P has abandoned me to watch the first week of Le Tour in France.... but he's home soon and we'll have a few days together before we head back up north....

Ma and Pa spoilt me on my birthday. We went to one of my favourite restaurants in St.Ives, the Porthgwidden Cafe but we ate all for food before I remembered that I had the camera with me! Doh! Anyway, I had the squid with miso and citrus dressing for starters, followed by a open Newlyn Crab Salad all washed down with a glass of Polgoon Raspberry Aval of course!

After an amazing lunch we headed off to the beach for the swim. Dad and I hit the (refreshing) water... and I was joined by a seal who swam past me!

I'm the swimmer furthest away and the big dark shadow is the seal!
We finished the afternoon with some Moomaid of Zennor Icecream which was delicious! Limoncello, pistachio, orange and mascapone, passion fruit... just some of the flavours that we enjoyed!

Anyway, here are some more photos of Cornwall that I would like to share with you!

jubilee bathing pool and the stunning flags

Jubilee Bathing Pool - where I learnt to swim as a babe!
Jubilee Bathing Pool

Jubilee Bathing Pool with Penzance Prom and Newlyn in the distance
Steps into the sea at Battery Rocks, Penzance

I've got four more days left in Cornwall to cram in more ice-cream, a cream tea, a pasty and a crab salad! I think we can manage that! I'll remember the camera this time!


Enjoy! xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment