Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Cook book addict

I have to share a secret with you... I have an addiction... to cook books. Some women are addicted to shoes, clothes, jewellery (ok, I do have a keen eye for jewellery thanks to my mum!)... but my addiction is cook books.

I must have over 100 of them, easily. Some are real reliable favourites like Leith's Vegetarian Bible, Rachel Allen Bake, Nigella Lawson Christmas, whilst some are so beautiful that you want to display them as table books and drool over the photography. I read cook books like you read fiction. I have recently had to be ruthless and sort through my collection resulting in selling some on Ebay and at the carboot.

However, I have brought two new cook books this month; first of we have Nigella Lawson's Kitchen which is a delight to read and I can't wait to try out some recipes... guinness gingerbread and beer-braised pork knuckles are first on the menu! I will be making the gingerbread this weekend for hubby to take to rugby to feed the crowd.

And secondly, the Giraffe Cook book which is on its way in the post as we speak. This has been published by one of my favourite eateries, Giraffe. Unfortunately for me the nearest one to us is over 100 miles away in Devon so we always make an effort to find one when we go over the boarder from Cornwall. I'll let you know what the book is like when it arrives!

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there with a cook book addiction! What's your favourite?

Nic xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment