Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 28 October 2010

What pudding shall we have?

I had a dinner party headache a couple of weeks ago. We had some really good friends coming over for supper and I couldn't decide on what pudding to make, so instead, I made miniature puddings served in shot glasses and served on a rectangular platter.

Trying to find something to serve the puddings on and in was a nightmare. Cornwall isn't the best place to find unusual serveware, and at the last minute I was saved by a local catering company who actually sells to the public as well, at the fraction of the price compared to supermarkets or M&S! Luckily for me they had 4 white rectangular platters left in their end of season sale and they where a bargain at £3.00 each, and the shot glasses were cheap as well! Both functional and totally re-usable. I've recently used the platters to serve up bowls of soup and hunks of bread.

Anyway, back to the puddings! I made a chocolate orange mousse from an adapted recipe from the Green & Blacks cookbook. I used the Co-op spiced orange dark chocolate which is amazing. The supermarkets only seem to sell orange chocolate with bits in it. The second pudding was creme brulee using Delias tried and tested recipe - it never fails me and you get a cracking (literally) brulee topping. And finally, a modification of Rachel Allen's Blackberry Mousse which I only saw her make the week before on her new dinner party series. It was really easy to knock up.

All puddings where a success, and I must admit that it really didn't take that long to actually make three batches of the puddings. I did have quite a bit extra left over after decanting into the glasses which were given to friends and family to eat! I didn't hear any complains.

Tres chic for a dinner party!

Nic xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment