Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 26 December 2011

Fat n Full!

Howdy folks!

I hope that you all had a great Christmas Day! We had a lovely chilled day, just Mr P and myself. We lit the fire, snuggled down, ate, drank, and was (shockingly) in bed by 9.30pm! Just too much excitement (and food) to cope with!

We started the day with some of Bill Granger's baked porridge with mixed berry compot.

Baked porridge - not to be eaten every day as it's made with double cream! Luxury!

Roasties in Goose Fat, covered in semolina
Mr P was very proud of his roast potatoes. They were lovely! Nice and crisp, and plenty left over for making bubble and squeak on Boxing Day!

Mr P's first attempt at making mushroom wellington
And here is a photo of the amazing Mushroom Wellington! I'm very impressed by his first attempt! And it tasted delicious! We finished it off for supper today with the bubble and squeak, served with my mother-in-law's pickled spiced oranges and pickled onions!

Today we spent at home chilling out again. We've got some friends up from Cornwall tomorrow for a few days so I whippd up some homemade bread, have brioche dough in the fridge to do Paul Hollywood's Bricohe Brie (watch this space!), and Nigella Lawson's Christmas glazed ham.... yummy!

We're off on a shopping mission tomorrow, in search of my Christmas Pressie..... an Artisan KitchenAid Mixer! Ohhhh and I've ordered three new cookbooks with some of Christmas money so I will let you know when they arrive and I'll do a review for you!
Cheerio!
Nic xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment