Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 1 December 2011

A little hidden gem in Oxford

Hello folks,

Apparently it's December! Apparently it's Christmas at the end of the month! How did that happen? I don't know where the year has gone!

I just wanted to let you know about a little hidden gem hidden in Oxford called Oxfork. It is a lovely little cafe that has recently opened down the road from where I work.

We are lucky to go there every other week for our work coffee mornings, and it's a great escape at lunch time as well!

I popped down there today for a spot of lunch and I had the most amazing Eggs Royale (poached eggs, smoked salmon, hollandaise sauce and lovely handmade bread), along with a soya latte and finished off with a slice of the most amazing chocolate cake ever! Ok, I was having a bad day and I just had to have the chocolate cake. I almost went for the almond and earl grey tea cake, but at the end of the day, the chocolate cake won hands down! I've been told that their scrambled eggs are the best in the world and has been described as sunshine on a plate, so next time I pop in for lunch, I must remember to take my camera to take some pictures for you to drool over!

The staff and the chefs at Oxfork are amazing. Everyone is really friendly and always happy to stop and have a chat. I am delighted that they are on my doorstep and I am delighted to carry on supporting them and eating their amazing food!

So, if you are in and around Oxford, catch the number 3 bus up to Magdalen Road and go to Oxfork! Help support small local businesses!

Cheers for now,

Nic xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment