Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday 24 December 2011

Preparations for a Pengelly Belly Christmas!

Hip hip hooray! It's holiday time! Yay!

Mr P and I both finished work on Thursday and have been having a couple of lazy preparation days getting ready for the big day tomorrow!
This year we are home alone in Oxfordshire. We had a lovely family Christmas dinner a few weeks back when we went home to Cornwall to see friends and family.

Mr P made some some lovely chocolate brownies last week as a little treat for me. He's starting to get more involved in the kitchen these days which is great! And I have to admit, he actually makes better brownies than me! Crikey! I better hand over my apron!

Ho ho ho! Let it snow!

You can't beat festive brownies!

So, we done the shopping, the housework is complete, the presents are wrapped and all the veg is prepared. Mr P wanted to make the main course for tomorrow. We are having mushroom wellington and we use a Cranks Vegetarian Recipe for this. It's quite simple and very tasty. The bonus is that is makes two wellingtons so you can freeze one for a later date!

Mr P has also whipped up a trifle for tomorrow - with pears, elderflower and apple cordial and jelly! Yay! Though I don't think he will let me sprinkle on 100's and 1000's tomorrow on top of the cream!

We are going to start the day with Bill Granger's Baked porridge which is to die for. We only have it on special occasions because of the cream in it! After brekkie we are heading out for a long winter walk, followed by some homemade soup when we get home. If I am lucky, I might be allowed to open some presents in the afternoon!

Then it is the Mushroom Wellington with all the trimmings: roast potatoes, roast parsnips with honey, celeriac with thyme, carrots, turnip, and sprouts with bacon and chestnuts! Delicious!

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas Day!

Cheerio,

Nic xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate Brownies are like my most favourite naughty thing to eat ever and you hubby's brownies look pretty darn good! nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete